- Remove the stipulation that “a minimum of seven (7) days will be allotted between the close of a public comment period and the TCC meeting in which a recommendation will be made to the MPO Board regarding consideration of the public comments”.
- Remove the requirement for the Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP) to be taken out for a 30-day public comment period with associated public meetings. Instead, the MPO will solicit input on the draft UPWP following the posting of the TCC agenda, seven (7) days prior to the meeting, allowing a minimum of fourteen (14) days for public comment prior to the adoption by the Board. The same will apply for amendments to the UPWP.
- Add information regarding minor amendments to the CTP.
- Add Performance Measures to the list of MPO Public Input and Comment Activities.
- Add the GCLMPO’s Title VI Policy Statement to the PPP and refer to the GCLMPO Title VI Program Plan.
- Clean up the locations for “Posting of Public Meetings” and meeting locations for public meetings and add opportunity for virtual meetings due to extenuating circumstances.
- Add Social Media External Use Policy.
- Rearrange the document for ease of reading.
The draft amended Public Participation Plan can be viewed by visiting the website at www.gclmpo.org.
In accordance with the current Public Participation Plan dated July 28, 2016, any recommended updates to the Public Participation Plan shall be available to the public for 45 calendar days before the revised document is adopted by the MPO.
In addition to written comments, the public may also provide comments during the GCLMPO TCC Meeting on Wednesday, September 9, 2020 at 10 a.m. (virtual meeting) and the Board Meeting on Thursday, September 24, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. (virtual meeting).
Written comments may be sent by mail, email, or fax to the following address: Gaston-Cleveland-Lincoln MPO; Attn: Randi Gates, Principal Transportation Planner; PO Box 1748; Gastonia, NC 28053. firstname.lastname@example.org; FAX: 704-869-1960
All written comments must be received by September 3, 2020.
Have Us E-mail You The Latest News
Your #1 Local Source for News, Sports, Opinion, Obituaries, Religion, Classifieds, Events, Photos, Community, Coupons, and more!
Serving Lincoln, Catawba, Gaston and Cleveland counties including the areas of Lincolnton, Denver, Maiden, Stanley, Alexis, Vale, Crouse, Iron Station, High Shoals and Cherryville.
Not a newspaper, not a magazine, we’re online – on your computer at home or work, on your smartphone… with news and more 24 hours a day, seven days a week, every day of the year including holidays.
To Make Sure You Always
Get The Latest Updates,
If You Haven’t Already:
Like Our Facebook Page and
Click On SEE FIRST at
Also Follow Us On Twitter