However, thieves have a tendency to break into unlocked vehicles because they want to get in and out of the area as quick as possible.
Here are some ways to protect you from being a victim of a crime:
- LOCK IT OR LOSE IT. Lock your vehicle every time you leave, even for a short time
- Don’t leave valuable items in plain view
- If you place items in the trunk, do it discreetly or before you arrive at your destination
- If your car is parked in a carport or near your home, leave your exterior lights on at night
- If you park on a street, choose a well-lit, open and visible space
- Residents should also document and record all serial numbers on any items left in a vehicle.
If you have information on any of the break-ins you are asked to call the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office at 704-732-9050, the Lincoln County Communications Center at 704-735-8202 or Lincolnton/Lincoln County CrimeStoppers at 704-736-8909. All tips will be investigated and if your CrimeStoppers tip leads to an arrest you could receive a cash reward of up to $1,000 and callers remain anonymous.
Have Us E-mail You The Latest News
Your #1 Local Source for News, Sports, Opinion, Obituaries, Religion, Classifieds, Events, Photos, Community, Coupons, and more!
Serving Lincoln, Catawba, Gaston and Cleveland counties including the areas of Lincolnton, Denver, Maiden, Stanley, Alexis, Vale, Crouse, Iron Station, High Shoals and Cherryville.
Not a newspaper, not a magazine, we’re online – on your computer at home or work, on your smartphone… with news and more 24 hours a day, seven days a week, every day of the year including holidays.
To Make Sure You Always
Get The Latest Updates,
If You Haven’t Already:
Like Our Facebook Page and
Click On SEE FIRST at
Also Follow Us On Twitter