For pre-kindergarten, a child must be four years old on or before August 31, 2020. Parents should register online: www.gaston.k12.nc.us/prekindergarten
Parents/guardians must provide the following to register for pre-kindergarten:
- Birth certificate or proof of parentage
- Valid ID of parent/guardian who is registering the child
- Two proofs of current address (such as power, water, gas, cable, internet, or landline telephone bills, lease, or mortgage)
- An up-to-date immunization/shot record
- Health assessment form completed on or after August 26, 2019 by a certified health care professional
- Proof of income for the parent/guardian living in the home with the child (a recent check stub is preferred).
Pre-kindergarten is offered at various school and community locations across Gaston County. Parents are reminded that registering a child for pre-kindergarten does not guarantee that the child will be placed in the program. The district has limited pre-kindergarten space at each location. The deadline to apply for pre-kindergarten is June 15.
Additional information about kindergarten and pre-kindergarten registration is available on the Gaston County Schools website, www.gaston.k12.nc.us – click the “How to Enroll” tab.
Have Us E-mail You The Latest News
Your #1 Local Source for News, Sports, Opinion, Obituaries, Religion, Classifieds, Events, Photos, Community, Coupons, and more!
Serving Lincoln, Catawba, Gaston and Cleveland counties including the areas of Lincolnton, Denver, Maiden, Stanley, Alexis, Vale, Crouse, Iron Station, High Shoals and Cherryville.
Not a newspaper, not a magazine, we’re online – on your computer at home or work, on your smartphone… with news and more 24 hours a day, seven days a week, every day of the year including holidays.
To Make Sure You Always
Get The Latest Updates,
If You Haven’t Already:
Like Our Facebook Page and
Click On SEE FIRST at
Also Follow Us On Twitter